Warner & Swasey Observatory
Built in the late 19th century by Warner & Swasey Company (who made the telescopes it housed!) and gifted to Case School of Applied Science in 1919, the Warner and Swasey Observatory can be found on a hill overlooking East Cleveland. It's location is what led to it's abandonment. By the 1950s it became apparent that light pollution from surrounding East Cleveland and Cleveland would render observation and research impossible, a new one was built in Geauga County, and this one became abandoned in 1983.